Student Registration

Kindergarten registration for the 2024-2025 school year will be starting soon! Children turning five years old on or before December 1, 2024 are eligible for kindergarten. If you have a child who will be entering kindergarten in September 2024, please call Kelly Pinter at 607-746-1315 to schedule an appointment to register your child. 

Every student in New York State, between the ages of 5 and 21, has a right to a free public education. To begin kindergarten, a child must be 5-years-old by December 1 in the school year in which they enroll. If you have a new or returning student, you will need to register with our District. In order to enroll, you must live within the boundaries of Delaware Academy Central School District. Acceptable examples to establish proof of residency are listed below.

To begin enrollment, please contact one of our main offices (Elementary, Middle, or High School) by calling (607) 746-1300 and following the prompts.

Please download and complete the Registration Forms listed to the right of this page. If you do not have access to print the forms, just call us and we'll gladly provide hard copies to you.

In addition, items that are needed or will be helpful when registering include:

  • your child's birth certificate

  • If applicable, court issued custody or guardianship documents

  • health and immunization records*

  • a copy of your student’s last report card*

  • If applicable, your student's Individualized Education Plan or Section 504 Accommodation Plan if they received additional support services based on a disability*

*The district will also request the last three items from a previous school district and/or physician if you do not have them, provided that you satisfy residency requirements as follows:

Proof of residency needs to have the parent/guardian's name and the physical address of where the student is living . Please provide at least two of the following types of proof:

  • NYS driver's license, learner's permit, or non-driver ID card

  • U.S. military ID card or U.S. Passport

  • Identification issued by NYS or another government body that shows your name and address

  • Documents issued by a federal , state, or local government agency, such as a local social services agency

  • A recent paystub that shows your address

  • State or federal Income tax form

  • A rental agreement, lease, letter or affidavit from your landlord

  • A major utility bill that shows your name and address

  • Voter registration card

  • Membership documents based on established residency

Once a family requests enrollment for their child, your child can expect to start school within 1-2 days.

Please note: If you do not have all forms of residency immediately available, you only have three (3) business days from the day your child starts to prove residency.

Registration Forms

Registration packets should be completed and returned to the main office in which your child will attend school. If you have children in more than one building, you may return all registration forms to any single office.

DA seal